WCF - Deployment and configurational issues

Today when I hosted WCF service in IIS 7.0. I got an error like

HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found Description: The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) map policy that is configured on the Web server. The page you requested has a file name extension that is not recognized, and is not allowed.


I explored and found solution.


Solution:
What is intuitive here is that .svc extension is not recognized i.e. Http handler of .svc is not defined :) So the solution I found was that:
In the control panel > add remove programs > windows on off programs, select WCF HTTP Activation and WCF Non-HTTP Activation as in the picture:

Windows will take few minutes to update and after that your WCF Service will run smoothly on Vista and IIS7.



Also, I got some other issues while deploying WCF service on IIS7 on Vista OS, after installing below items under IIS7, things were fixed.

No comments: